The growth and advancement of e-commerce trends online shopping are perhaps the most notable of all recent innovations in retail. According to a joint study conducted by Dubai Economy and Visa, the UAE has the most advanced e-commerce sector in the Middle East and North Africa, with an expected annual growth rate of 23% between 2018 and 2022. COVID-19 has inspired many people to try e-commerce for the first time, while consumers continue to appreciate the ‘destination shopping’ experience of visiting a physical store. This increase in UAE online shopping trends 2021 is not going to slow down any time soon.
Needless to mention, 2020 did not go as planned. The pandemic affects every aspect of our work, from how we communicate with customers to how we do consumer testing. By cramming a decade’s worth of e-commerce acceleration into a single year, COVID-19 accelerated already-existing trends.
The e-commerce industry is expanding as a result of an expected increase and the arrival of the 2020 effect on commerce. Every day, more retailers are shifting to online sales, while entrepreneurs are finding their footing through e-commerce ventures. However, e-commerce is a dynamic industry. Every year, several new market trends online shopping emerge that can help your business grow and outperform its competitors; 2021 is no exception. COVID-19 has increased consumption of mobile and digital media, in addition to a rapid shift in online purchasing behavior. Consumer demand for personalized shopping experiences has increased as people have turned to devices to fill social gaps. The trend of online shopping we will see in 2021 are a result of consumer expectations for value. The emerging UAE online shopping trends is going to change how we shop.
Let’s Look at the Trends in Online Shopping in 2021:
- Sustainability is about balancing today’s demands against future generations’ environmental and social impacts. Customers today are deeply concerned about the environmental effects of their products — and their concerns extend way beyond packaging. Brands must be wary of “greenwashing” in their ads to be able to defend their branded policies.
- Artificial intelligence is now being used by trending online shopping sites to make insightful product reviews, assist consumers in properly visualizing products, and assist you with consumer requests. In 2021, AI will also assist you in finding a buyer. Intelligent algorithms can analyze current patterns in conjunction with your brands, distribution platforms, buyers, and consumer behavior to determine the best channels, time, and price to list your goods. This will save hours of number crunching, graph development, and report writing, allowing brands to quickly increase revenue and earnings.
- Influencer marketing used to be all about self-portraits, beautifully crafted captions, and highly edited product images. However, by 2020, we will have seen a significant change in the way advertisers and influencers collaborate. Audiences prefer products that use genuine voices, and today’s experienced audiences will detect an overly-produced commercial a mile away. Brands that do not value credibility in their influencer relationships may find it difficult to achieve high engagement and ROI in the coming year. It’s time to emphasize original influencer content that prioritizes education, culture, and the audience experience.
- Next year will see a resurgence in eCommerce, also known as second-hand commerce. This provides an intriguing opportunity for brands to launch their eCommerce marketplace. Brands can turn second-hand retail into a fun shopping experience.
- Local businesses will reach an international community of shoppers thanks to the global nature of the quest, faster delivery and currency services, and the power of social marketing. Internationalizing goods or services has many advantages, including the ability to expand your customer base. The need for live customer support, language differences, and compliance with data protection regulations all bring uncertainty to a multinational customer base — none of which are insurmountable, but all of which must be addressed thoughtfully.
- The increased use of mobile devices has contributed to the rise of e-commerce. People don’t just buy online; they even use their smart devices to browse or study before making a decision. When consumers’ confidence in online shopping grows, they are more relaxed than ever before shopping on mobile devices. These generations are also more likely to shop online via mobile devices. Be sure that not only your website but also your online shop, is mobile-friendly. By doing so, you are simplifying and making e-commerce more available to a wider audience.
- Social media has altered the way we live our everyday lives and future trends in online shopping. This is an excellent time for retailers to consider ways to boost their position on social media, It is also an excellent forum for brands to be found. With users investing more time on various forms of social media, e-commerce companies can enlist the assistance of Instagram influencers to improve their odds of being spotted by their target audience.
- Not only are more customers shopping online, but their purchasing patterns and brand tastes have changed as well. Aside from the emphasis on sustainability and sustainable practices, an increasing number of customers are becoming more receptive to buying from small companies. The pandemic, which influenced many small businesses and prompted many people to buy from and fund them, has fueled the rise in support. In reality, more than one-third of customers who shop with independent companies report they are doing so more now than they were before COVID-19.
- About 120,000 retailers will use Augmented Reality (AR) technology by 2022, providing a much richer purchasing experience. The retail workers and online shoppers would accelerate AR adoption in the market. One of the key issues that people have when shopping online is the failure to physically inspect the items. AR technology bridges this void by allowing online shoppers to further imagine the items they are interested in. This could be a game-changer for online consumers. AR impressions have the potential to alter how internet shoppers view the goods they wish to purchase.
- The growing UAE online shopping trends includes personalizing the online shopping experience is important for retaining consumers. People who buy online want assistance in finding the items they need, and they enjoy a more customized experience. online retail shopping trends can avoid such stores entirely as a result of bad product recommendations. This may involve personalizing email addresses or presenting the appropriate information to the interested user community. By delivering customized consumer messages, relevant discounts, and connecting with consumers by, for example, video content, you can have a smoother shopping experience and improve your relationship with your customers.