Hartz Company story starts in 1926, when Max Stern, a nearly penniless 26-year-old, chose to leave his native Germany for the promise of America. Germany was reeling from the devastation of World War I. The allure of America’s peace, liberty, and economic prosperity drew them in. Stern’s childhood friend, a pet dealer, had lent a small amount and could only repay it with 5,000 singing canaries. Stern agreed to sell the canaries in New York City after accepting them.
Stern arranged a free passage to America on the Hamburg American Steamship Line. He arrived in New York speaking no English. But he did sell the singing canaries to the John Wannamaker Department Store on Astor Place in Manhattan. He soon opened his shop at 36 Cooper Square.
Stern returned to Germany, each time carrying more singing canaries to sell to a rising customer base that included R.H. Macy, Sears Roebuck, F.W. Woolworth, W. T. Grant, S.S. Kresge, and others. The Hartz Brand product line was born.
Stern’s son joined the company in 1959 and extended Hartz Mountain’s product lines. He included goldfish, tropical fish, and a complete line of aquatic supplies. In the 1960s, they expanded again with dog and pet items, most notably the Hartz flea and tick collar, which is still the best-selling flea and tick collar for both cats and dogs to this day.
By the early 1980s, Hartz goods were available in over 40,000 retail outlets in the United States and Canada. Hartz expanded its product range in 1990s with the purchase of the prestigious Wardley brand of fish food and supplies. The Hartz Mountain Corporation was sold to J.W. Childs Associates, LP, a leading private equity investment company, in 2000, which resulted in a renewed emphasis on research and development. The result was a slew of new, creative items, including Dentist’s BestTM dog chews.
Sumitomo Corporation of Americas (SCOA) and its parent company, Sumitomo Corporation, purchased The Hartz Brand in 2004. (SC).
Sumitomo added a partner in 2011, and Hartz Company became a joint venture between Sumitomo and Unicharm Corporation, a leading consumer goods company based in Japan. Unicharm joined the pet-care industry in 1986 and is now Japan’s largest pet-care producer.
Hartz Company also offers 1,500 items for dogs, cats, parakeets, canaries, parrots, cockatiels, finches, goldfish, tropical fish, turtles, ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, hamsters, and rabbits.
For more than 85 years, Hartz Brand has been exclusively focused on providing customers with outstanding Pet Care Products. Hartz also offers 1,500 items for dogs, cats, birds, fish, reptiles, and rodents. The Hartz Mountain Research Centre’s team of veterinarians, chemists, nutritionists, and engineers are dedicated to ensuring a healthy environment for you, your pet, and your family. All of Hartz Products are of the highest quality.
Hartz has a wide variety of Pet Products to meet the needs of all household pets. Any of these items include Pet Treats & Chews, vitamins and supplements, health treatments, Pet Toys, shampoos and conditioners, and Pet Grooming products.
How You Can Safely Use Hartz Products on your Pets
- Preventing Flea & Tick Control is a vital aspect of ensuring basic Pet Health & Wellness. Keeping your dog free of infestations not only reduces discomfort but can also avoid some of the illnesses that these blood-sucking parasites can cause. It is important to choose the right items and use them correctly. In this segment, we’ll go over how to keep your dog, yourself, and others healthy while using Hartz Products.
- When choosing which products to use on your dog, read the labels on all products thoroughly. It is important that you buy the correct dosage for your dog and that you only use items that are certified for your dog’s age, weight, health status, and species.
- Using several flea and tick items on your pet at the same time can be hazardous to your pet’s health. If you are thinking about mixing things, consult with your veterinarian first to see if it is safe. Giving your pet a flea bath followed by spot-on medication, for example, runs the risk of over-medicating them and jeopardizing their health.
- It is never a good idea to give your pet more than the prescribed dose on the box or to do so too often. Using a flea prevention product designed for dogs weighing more than 60 pounds is a risky option for a 5-pound dog. Products that are healthy for dogs can be highly poisonous to your pets.
- Keep an eye on your dog for reactions or exposure to a flea & tick prevention product after application. This is particularly relevant when using a new flea and tick product on your dog for the first time.
- Keep the product packaging for at least a day after use so you have details about the products used. Also the contact information for the company that made the product.
- If you detect some odd activity soon after using a preventive product, contact your veterinarian right away. Bathe your dog deeply in soapy water and thoroughly clean its hair with plenty of water.
Why Hartz Products are Safe to Use?
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is the federal agency in charge of registering, monitoring, and evaluating pesticide use on pets in the United States. Before being approved to join the US market, the EPA rates all flea and tick items using the same standards, regardless of whether they will be marketed by veterinarians or retail stores.
Hartz topical flea and tick treatments’ active ingredients and product formulations have been identified as among the best and least toxic available to pet owners today. The low toxicity of Hartz flea and tick topical products is verified by the low number of recorded product reactions when customers use them to treat the pests. So be rest assured on safely use Hartz products on your beloved pets.
Where to Buy Original Hartz Products?
All the safely use Hartz Products are available on Desertcart. You can browse and buy authentic products from Desertcart easily.