Gone are those days when the motto was “faster, higher, further”. The future will witness more holistic offers, specialization, and health orientation in specific clientele like risk groups. The industry of fitness and fitness trends has dramatically changed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Needless to say, that has modified your overall exercise along with your fitness experience. As a result of this growth, there are some latest fitness trends to look for in 2021. Besides, the way of delivering the services for health clubs as well as fitness centers will change in the upcoming years.
So, check out the below-mentioned most famous rising trends for the year 2021:
- Wearable Technology – Though not the new trend, wearable fitness technology has been a quiet staple, popular trend. Moreover, it will continue in 2021 as well. Since the insurgence in 2015, it has been among the most discussed new fitness trends. Still, it is in the development phase. Fitness tracking gadgets offer a thorough look at physical activity. Also, smart technology provides you with suggestions to better your regular exercise regime.
- Gyms need to meet high standards of hygiene – Several individuals have been in the right shape during the lockdown. They kept doing stuff like walking, fitness exercises, and running on their own or free digital services. Of all these, a good number of 73% wish to maintain this training in the long run. Yes, a majority of fitness enthusiasts wish to visit the gym in the future. However, they put the condition that the training is not related to the corona infection risk. As per a survey, a lot of people stressed about getting the best possible protection standard.
- Virtual Fitness – This is undoubtedly one of the most crucial fitness industry trends. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of clubs had started to test virtual fitness’s viability. A few had mobile applications with on-demand libraries of virtual workouts. While others had executed virtual coaching. You should move more toward that, and this is enhancing during the shutdown with it becoming a prerequisite.
- Wellness Programs in & out of the Gym – It is trend-defining programs that refine health and well-being which has been rising since the year 2018. Now, it is the respectable force in itself. Several employers across the world now involve a few forms of wellness and health programs on their employee benefits list. Also, candidates are looking for these on the non-negotiables while scouting around for the new job. In 2020, firms have begun partnering with health clubs and/or local gyms for offering more inclusive fitness programs. This is what makes it among the most popular fitness trends.
- COVID-prescribed Fitness Training – Have you been infected with Coronavirus and are planning to continue with the usual fitness routine? Well, then you must reintroduce exercise eventually with the gradual build-up. There is more and more being comprehended about the short and long-term ramifications of this virus. So, it is inevitable that the individuals who are recovering do so securely. You know this is a respiratory disease and it is vital not to try & do a lot soon following the recovery. This is specifically for cardio-based activities that can take a toll on your lungs.
- Connection of mind and body in training – The trend towards topics like mental training, Pilates, or yoga already existed before COVID-19. However, now as we talk about fitness market trends, this one has been escalated by this pandemic. A lot more people wish to blend mental relaxation with physical training. This wish is due to job-related stress. Along with this, it is due to the health and financial fears connected with this pandemic. It also helps those people who are going through tiring homeschooling with kids.
- Catering to the Generational Needs – Only a few industries will directly get the benefit from the rise of the millennials’ monetary power. In this case, the fitness market tops the list. For senior citizens and COVID-19 risk groups, fitness and health are as significant as for the rest of the populace. This makes the seniors the core target group. The health clubs provide them with training opportunities and special offers to woo them. So, when it comes to top fitness trends, this one is unavoidable. It can range from special premises for risk-free indoor training to workouts or one-on-one training in small groups.
- Inclusivity and Accessibility – By all accounts, inclusivity in the fitness industry, where the major revenue source is consistent patronage, is a good thing. In this sense, it means making fitness available to every individual, irrespective of their ethnicity, status, or ability. For instance, Universal Fitness Innovation & Transformation (UFIT) is a program that is shared by both Ireland and The US. It is for broker research into making wellness accessible to individuals with disabilities. This is the inter-agency United Nations (UN) collaboration between WHO and UNESCO.
- Outdoor Fitness Training – Lockdown has witnessed the rise in fitness boot camps in outdoor spaces and parks throughout the country. This is something which is going to continue even when gyms are open in the New Year. So, if you are planning to adopt one of the rising fitness trends, why not this one? Outdoor fitness and Bootcamps, like cycling and running, have been keeping the country fit & are yet very much alive. This is because it offers people a chance to blend their fitness regime & go outdoors in the fresh air. Sounds wonderful, when you can’t attend a gym, right?
The outlook of the fitness industry is the positive one, though it is riddled with various modifications because of it. Although, the same goes for any other industry. Be phased out or adapt in favor of the newer ones which just work for a lot more. The need of people for wellness and health has increased. So, it means that fitness, unlike a lot of others, is vital in even the next year i.e., 2021.