Side by Side has helped over 25 million students worldwide persist and succeed as language learners. Now, in this
special edition for adult learners in standards-based programs, Side by Side Plus builds students' general language
proficiency and prepares them for their life-skill roles in the community, family, school, and at work. Easy-to-use
teacher support materials include hundreds of multilevel activities and a wealth of supplemental worksheets, achievement
tests, and other resources to assure learner persistence and success.
* Picture dictionary lessons introduce unit vocabulary in a clear, easy-to-use format.
* The program's guided conversation methodology integrates grammar, vocabulary, and topics through real-life
communication practice that is student-centered, interactive, and fun.
* Standards-based lessons in each unit develop the competencies included in CASAS, BEST Plus, EFF, SCANS, Model
Standards, and other major curriculum frameworks and assessment systems.
* Teamwork, critical thinking, and community tasks promote cooperative learning, problem-solving, and civics
* Diverse reading and writing activities include realia, narrative readings, and journal-writing to develop skills for
daily life, self-expression, and academic advancement.
* Built-in assessment in each unit includes a check-up test and vocabulary and skill checklists enabling students to
assess their progress.
* Side by Side Gazette magazine sections promote learner persistence through high-interest material that students can
use in class or on their own, building a bridge between the classroom and the home.
* An all-in-one teacher support package includes a Teacher's Guide with Multilevel Activity & Achievement Test Book and
CD-ROM providing multilevel activities and an array of reproducible masters, worksheets, and tests.
* An Activity & Test Prep Workbook offers all-skills practice, GrammarRaps, and unit achievement tests.