We are still dispatching all items as quickly as possible. Orders containing food, health & safety, and other essential products will be prioritized.
Used Book in Good Condition.
Imported from USA.
In this companion volume to Gems & Jewelry Appraising, 2nd Edition, the first comprehensive book on appraising,
Registered Master Valuer Anna M. Miller offers a comprehensive guide to antique, period and contemporary
jewelry identification and appraisal.
* Offering clear, practical, insightful guidance with a wealth of photos and figures,
Illustrated Guide to Jewelry Appraising, 2nd Edition contains expert information, case studies, typical
problems, pricing data and key documents. Features include:
* A review of the appraiser's role and responsibilities
* Value approach methods that offer jewelers and appraisers clear standards for estimating value
* Complete instructions on doing full narrative jewelry descriptions
* A practical methodology to research and assemble data needed for an accurate estimation of value
* A complete Model Appraisal Document that readers can use as an example for their own documents
* An Appraisal Glossary covering all technical terms that will help appraisers communicate
All types of pieces are covered in detail, from rings, earrings, necklaces and pendants to
chains, bracelets, brooches and cameos, as well as less common items such as charms and
stickpins. Key aspects including design influences, costuming, social behavior and the significance of
color in each time period are also explored, to give the appraiser a deeper understanding of the many
elements that contribute to value.
This one-of-a-kind reference is an essential working guide for all appraisers, jewelers,
antique dealers, collectors, auctioneers, insurance adjustors and gem labs.