This product ships with limited tracking information, and may take longer than usual to be delivered.
Used Book in Good Condition
Imported from USA
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING GUIDE THAT PARENTS WILL WANT FOR THEIR TEENS
This thorough, concise guide offers straight talk about:
• The male and female body as it changes and matures.
• Teen relationships: what it takes to create happy, supportive, positive, and meaningful connections with family,
friends, and others.
• Identity empowerment: how to be authentic and thrive in today’s world.
• Sex and sexuality for boys and girls: how teens should take care of their bodies, embrace their experiences, and
• Strategies for working through the toughest challenges, including bullying, sexual abuse, eating disorders,
pregnancy, and more.
Praise for Being a Teen
“A frank and candid resource for adolescents.”—People
“Fonda’s warmth and love for the teen community is evident.”—Publishers Weekly
“Clear, practical, and riveting, Being a Teen cuts away at myth, enhances teens’ self-esteem, and arms them with a
trove of useful information. Beautifully organized . . . Any parent, teacher, coach, or doctor needs to read this
authoritative guide. What a lifesaver for our boys and girls!”—William S. Pollack, PhD, author of the international
bestseller Real Boys and Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School
“Being a Teen should be in the hands of every teen in the world. It is a myth-busting, fact-filled treasure full of life
information all teens want and need to know.”—Christiane Northrup, M.D., New York Times bestselling author of Women’s
Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“Clear, unflinching, and nonjudgmental . . . a reliable guide to the turbulent physical and social transitions of
adolescence.”—Michael Kimmel, Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies, Stony Brook University, and
author of Guyland
“A comprehensive, honest, fun-to-read book for today’s teenagers. This delightful book will be used again and
again.”—The Reverend Debra W. Haffner, president, Religious Institute, and author of From Diapers to Dating
“Detailed, accurate and practical . . . an excellent resource.”—Paul Kivel, author of Boys Will Be Men