Order now to get it by: Tuesday June 06 - Thursday June 08
Get it on Tuesday May 30th with expedited shipping.
Select the expedited delivery option after adding this item to your cart.
Product ID: 224008
A comprehensive overview of occupational and environmental health nursing, this book is AAOHN's statement of the scope
of practice for this nursing specialty. It represents the latest body of knowledge significant to this field. Written in
an outline format, it can be used as a textbook for an occupational and environmental health nursing course, as a
clinical reference in a variety of occupational settings, and as a certification review tool. This new edition is based
on recent revisions to the AAOHN's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
* Written by experts in the field of occupational health nursing.
* Consistent outline format allows ease of access to information.
* Addresses the foundational sciences of occupational health: epidemiology, toxicology, industrial hygiene, ergonomics,
and injury prevention to provide a comprehensive basis of knowledge.
* Incorporates trends in the legal, ethical, economic, political, and business climates as they relate to occupational
and environmental health and safety, staying current with all areas that affect the occupational health nurse's roles
* New chapter on disaster planning and management addresses responsibilities of occupational health nurses in hazard
situations in both the workplace and in the larger community.
* The latest government initiatives and guidelines are covered, such as OSHA's Strategic Management Plan to reduce
workplace fatalities, injuries, and illnesses, plus other new workplace-related government programs and legislation.
* Revised competencies of practice, with performance criteria, present the current practice expectations at each level
* Revised Code of Ethics is a guide for nurses to maintain and pursue professionally recognized ethical behavior in
providing occupational and environmental health services.
* Revised Standards of Practice define the practice of this specialty and provide a framework for evaluation.
* Expanded content in the environmental, research, and health promotion chapters highlights the latest information in