Imported from USA
New in the 2012 IBC®
Key changes include:
* All definitions are included in Chapter 2.
* Classifications for a variety of health-care related facilities have been clarified.
* Covered- and open-mall provisions revised to fully address the construction of open malls.
* Clarified provisions for incidental-use rooms and spaces.
* Modified provisions addressing exterior wall projections.
* Reformatted requirements for protection of vertical openings through floors.
* Automatic sprinkler systems required where furniture and mattresses are manufactured or stored.
* Increased capacity for stairways and other egress components in buildings with sprinklers and an emergency
* Clarification of when unenclosed stairways can be used as a part of the means of egress system, including how travel
distance is measured.
* In three- and four-exit buildings, some exits are now permitted to serve a portion of a story rather than an entire
* Wind design requirements extensively revised.
* Wind load maps are now based on ultimate design wind speeds.
* New terminology for wind speeds.
* Updated seismic ground motion maps.
* The term "occupancy category" changed to "risk category."
* Special inspection requirements for structural steel and masonry construction are now based on referenced standards.
* Penetration firestop and fire-resistant joint systems in high-rise buildings and in Risk Category III or IV structures
require special inspection.
* Modifications to the seismic provisions of ACI 318 Appendix D.