The art of mindfulness can transform our struggles with food—and renew our sense of pleasure, appreciation, and
satisfaction with eating. Drawing on recent research and integrating her experiences as a physician and meditation
teacher, Dr. Jan Bays offers a wonderfully clear presentation of what mindfulness is and how it can help with food
Mindful eating is an approach that involves bringing one's full attention to the process of eating—to all the tastes,
smells, thoughts, and feelings that arise during a meal. Whether you are overweight, suffer from an eating disorder, or
just want to get more out of life, this book offers a simple tool that can make a remarkable difference.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
• Tune into your body's own wisdom about what, when, and how much to eat
• Eat less while feeling fully satisfied
• Identify your habits and patterns with food
• Develop a more compassionate attitude toward your struggles with eating
• Discover what you're really hungry for
Mindful Eating also includes a 75-minute audio CD containing guided exercises led by the author.