Longtime wilderness educator Mors Kochanski has dedicated his life to learning and teaching about the lore of the
forest. With clear instructions, extensive use of diagrams and a color photo supplement, this comprehensive reference
includes all the practical skills and knowledge essential for you to survive and enjoy the wilderness:
* Lighting and maintaining a fire
* Chopping wood and felling a tree
* Creating a shelter and keeping warm
* Safe use of the axe and bush knife
* Plants and animals important for survival
* Food, water and outdoor cooking
* Wilderness first aid.
* This bestseller should be required reading for hikers, campers, hunters, foresters, backwoods adventurers, scouts,
youth groups--anyone with a passion for the outdoors.