#1 best-selling guide to Turkey*
Lonely Planet Turkey is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and
what hidden discoveries await you. Ride a hot-air balloon over Cappadocia's honeycomb landscapes, walk amid the ancient
ruins of Ephesus, or witness the whirling dervishes perform their mystical craft; all with your trusted travel
companion. Get to the heart of Turkey and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Turkey Travel Guide:
* Colour maps and images throughout
* Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
* Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
* Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
* Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that
most guidebooks miss
* Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art,
literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and more
* Free, convenient pull-out Istanbul map (included in print version), plus over 75 colour local maps
* Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
* Coverage of Thrace, Marmara, Istanbul, Izmir, Ephesus, Bodrum, Anatolia, Antalya, Ankara, Cappadocia, Aegean Coast,
Turquoise Coast, Mediterranean Coast, Black Sea Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Turkey, our most comprehensive guide to Turkey, is perfect for those planning to both
explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
* Looking for just the highlights of Turkey? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Turkey, a photo-rich guide to the
country's most popular attractions.
* Looking for a guide focused on Istanbul? Check out Lonely Planet's Istanbul guide for a comprehensive look at all the
city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Istanbul, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, James Bainbridge, Brett Atkinson, Chris Deliso, Steve Fallon, Will
Gourlay, Jessica Lee, Virginia Maxwell, and Tom Spurling.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with
guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel
products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the
world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the
Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
*Bestselling guide to Turkey Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, April 2011 to March 2012.