Imported from USA
#1 bestselling guide to Thailand*
Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and
what hidden discoveries await you. Listen to monks chant in a Bangkok temple, indulge in a beachfront Thai massage on a
coral-fringed island, or trek through the jungle to see elephants and gibbons; all with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Thailand Travel Guide:
* Colour maps and images throughout
* Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
* Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
* Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
* Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that
most guidebooks miss
* Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, politics,
literature, cinema, music, art, environment, wildlife, cuisine, and more
* Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 100 colour local maps
* Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
* Coverage of Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Northeastern Thailand, Central Thailand, Bangkok, Ko Chang,
Eastern Seaboard, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand, our most comprehensive guide to Thailand, is perfect for those planning to
both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
* Looking for just the highlights of Thailand? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the
country's most popular attractions.
* Looking for a guide focused on Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok guide for a comprehensive look at
all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, two handy-sized guides focused on the
can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, China Williams, Mark Beales, Tim Bewer, Celeste Brash, Austin Bush,
Alan Murphy, and Brandon Presser.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with
guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel
products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the
world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the
Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
*Bestselling guide to Thailand Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, January 2011 to October 2011.