Make sense of frustrations and pleasures of work lives
Imported from USA
New York Times bestselling author Timothy Keller shows how God calls each of us to express meaning and purpose through
our work and careers.
In a work world that is increasingly competitive and insecure, people often have nagging questions: Why am I doing this
work? Why is it so hard? And is there anything I can do about it?
Tim Keller, pastor of New York’s Redeemer Presbyterian Church and New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for
God as well as The Skeptical Student in the Encounters with Jesus ebook series, and many others, has taught and
counseled students, young professionals, and senior leaders on the subject of work and calling for more than twenty
years. Now he puts his insights into a book for readers everywhere, giving biblical perspectives on such pressing
• What is the purpose of work?
• How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace?
• How can I use my skills in a vocation that has meaning and purpose?
• Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field?
• How do I make the difficult choices that must be made in the course of a successful career?
With deep insight and often surprising advice, Keller shows readers that biblical wisdom is immensely relevant to our
questions about our work. In fact, the Christian view of work—that we work to serve others, not ourselves—can provide
the foundation of a thriving professional and balanced personal life. Keller shows how excellence, integrity,
discipline, creativity, and passion in the workplace can help others and even be considered acts of worship—not just of