Shin Splint Relief: The Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves were designed by professional athletic trainers to specifically target shin splints. The v-shaped chevron ribbing on the front of the sleeve provides the same relief as kinesiology tape.
Used by Athletes of All Levels: From Olympic Athletes to novice runners, basketball players, fitness enthusiast, and more, the Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves are a favorite among athletes.
Moisture Wicking and Ultimate Comfort: The compression leg sleeves are moisture wicking, ensuring they stay dry and lightweight even during the toughest runs and workouts. Anti-odor technology prevents the build up of stink.
Calf Support and Injury Prevention: Using the leg sleeves while running can reduce calf cramps, lessen fatigue, provide muscle stabilization, reduce micro tears, and prevent injuries.
Improved Circulation and Faster Muscle Recovery: The compression in each pair of leg sleeves helps to improve venous return, increasing blood flow and circulation. This leads to faster muscle recovery time.
Innovative training gear maker Zensah has developed a series of high-performance compression clothing using a
proprietary knitting process and materials. The company's leg sleeves are stitched using Pin-Point Compression, gradient
pressure developed by a professional athletic trainer that uses wide ribbing in the front for optimal shin support, and
snug ribbing in the back for calf support. Silver ions in the unique Zensah Fabric helps regulate skin temperature and
fight bacteria to keep your sleeves fresh. Particularly useful for runners, cyclists, and triathletes, these compression
sleeves increase blood flow to the muscles of the lower leg, circulating oxygen into your muscles in order to reduce
fatigue during, and speed recovery following, your workouts.
* XS/S: Calf size (circumference) 9.5-to-12.5 inches
* S/M: Calf size 12.5-to-15 inches
* L/XL: Calf size 15 inches and up
Graduated compression features the greatest amount of compression in the part of the garment farthest away from the
heart, and the least amount compression in the part closest to the heart (for example, socks have more compression in
the ankle and less in the calf). With graduated compression, veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure
gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
* Enhanced blood circulation as a result of improved venous return
* Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster, which in turn helps improve blood flow of oxygen-rich blood back to
* Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
* Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for
* Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
* Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent
micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
* Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling
* Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
* Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Studies have shown that those that have gained most by wearing compression are those transitioning from an inactive to
active lifestyle. Older populations have experienced great benefits from use of compression socks and sleeves. Amateur
athletes may see physiological improvements through using compression. About Zensah
Based on the Italian word "senza," meaning "to be without," Zensah was created to help athletes at all levels improve
their performance by utilizing unique, seamless sportswear designed to enhance performance and speed recovery. The
company's innovative seamless design consists of a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that draws sweat away from the
body, allowing the garment and athlete to stay cool, dry, and light.