Windows 8.1 continues the evolution of the most radical redesign
in Microsoft’s history. It combines the familiar Windows desktop
with a new, touchscreen-friendly world of tiles and full-screen
apps. Luckily, David Pogue is back to help you make sense of
it—with humor, authority, and 500 illustrations.
The important stuff you need to know:
* What’s new in 8.1. The update to 8.1 offers new apps, a
universal Search, the return of the Start menu, and several
zillion other nips and tucks.
* New features. Storage Spaces, Windows To Go, File Histories—if
Microsoft wrote it, this book covers it.
* Security. Protect your PC from viruses, spyware, spam, sick
hard drives, and out-of-control kids.
* The network. HomeGroups, connecting from the road, mail, Web,
music streaming among PCs—this book has your network covered.
* The software. Media Center, Photo Gallery, Internet Explorer,
speech recognition—this one authoritative, witty guide makes it
all crystal clear. It’s the book that should have been in the