Quickly learn the microbiology fundamentals you need to know with Medical Microbiology, 7th Edition, by Dr. Patrick R.
Murray, Dr. Ken S. Rosenthal, and Dr. Michael A. Pfaller. Newly reorganized to correspond with integrated curricula and
changing study habits, this practical and manageable text is clearly written and easy to use, presenting clinically
relevant information about microbes and their diseases in a succinct and engaging manner.
* Master the essentials of medical microbiology
, including basic principles, immunology, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology.*
Progress logically through consistently formatted chapters that examine etiology, epidemiology, disease presentation,
host defenses, identification, diagnosis, prevention, and control for each microbe.
* Grasp complex material quickly with summary tables and text boxes that emphasize essential concepts and issues.
* Access the complete text, additional images, 200 self-assessment questions, animations, and more online at
* Learn the most up-to-date and relevant
information in medical microbiology.* Study efficiently thanks to a reorganized format that places review chapters at
the beginning of each section and review questions at the end of each chapter.
* Focus on clinical relevance with new interactive case presentations to introduce each of the microbial pathogens that
illustrate the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases.
* Visualize the clinical presentations of infections with new and updated clinical photographs, images, and
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is
no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year
after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves
the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should
access to the web site be discontinued.