Order now to get it by: Saturday April 08 - Monday April 10
Get it on Sunday April 2nd with expedited shipping.
Select the expedited delivery option after adding this item to your cart.
Product ID: 662288
Mary Gehlhar, author, industry authority, and consultant to hundreds of designers, including Zac Posen, Twinkle by
Wenlan, Rebecca Taylor, and Cloak, gives readers behind-the-scenes insights and essential business information on
creating and sustaining a successful career as an independent designer.
With advice from fashion luminaries including Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Cynthia Rowley, Diane von Furstenberg,
Richard Tyler, and top executives from Saks Fifth Avenue and Barneys New York, this fully updated and revised edition of
The Fashion Designer Survival Guide addresses the latest trends in apparel and accessories, the newest designers, an
updated introduction, and a new foreword by Diane von Furstenberg, Designer and President of the Council of Fashion
Designers of America (CFDA).
The Fashion Designer Survival Guide provides the necessary tools to get a fashion line or label up and moving on the
right track, including:
* How to create a viable business plan
* Figuring out how much money you need, where and how to get it, and how to make it last, including the latest on
* The best sources for fabric and materials
* Navigating the pitfalls of production both at home and abroad
* Marketing, branding, and getting the product into the stores and into the customer’s closets
* Romancing the press, dressing celebrities, and creative publicity techniques
* Producing a runway show that will get results