Good crema from fresh beansThe difference is clear: espresso made from beans ground one minute ago (left) produces
crema that is noticeably more rich and thick than espresso made from beans ground ten days ago (right). The verdict?
Fresh beans are always preferable.
Dual wall filters, 54mmIncluded dual wall filters provide excellent practice for budding baristas
Single wall filters, 54mmIncluded single wall filters provide a more challenging experience for those who have already
mastered the art of espresso
Good crema from fresh beansConvenient hidden storage compartment for the filters and included cleaning kit.
Barista Express portafilter with commercial style spoutsHands-free filling for the portafilter directly from the
integrated burr grinder
Fresh is Best
In the world of coffee, freshness can be measured in seconds. By the time even five minutes has passed, ground beans
have started to lose their flavor. Grinding beans every time you want fresh espresso takes time, though, and oftentimes
it becomes a tradeoff between taste and convenience. The Breville Barista Express solves this problem, delivering fresh,
quality espresso at remarkable speed, thanks to its integrated burr grinder. Go from beans to espresso in under a
minute—all in the comfort of your own home.
Café quality espresso in your home
Espresso making is notorious for being both an art and a science, requiring you to carefully adjust each of the inputs
(grind size, grind amount, etc.). But even complete beginners and aspiring baristas can pull a perfect shot from the
Breville Barista Express. For beginners, it comes with two dual-wall, pressurized filters that regulate pressure and
help optimize the extraction. For more experienced baristas, the Barista Express includes two single-wall,
non-pressurized filters that give you more room to experiment with different grind sizes, grind amounts, and tamping
pressure. As either a crash-course or a continuation study, the Barista Express gives you free rein to explore the art
In addition to its integrated burr grinder, the Breville Barista Express has an Italian-manufactured 15 bar pump and
thermocoil heating system that ensures accurate regulation of water temperature for a full-flavored espresso. A pre-brew
function and flat shower head make sure that the water is optimally distributed through the coffee puck. The Barista
Express also has several helpful features, such as a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes
excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction, so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup.
Lastly, it has a stainless steel 360 degree swivel-action steam wand for lattes and cappuccinos.
For beginners and aspiring baristas alike, the Barista Express makes good espresso accessible and easy to make.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The Breville Barista Express is built from high-quality materials so the resulting machine is as sturdy as possible.
No-slip feet keep the machine from sliding across the counter when the burr grinder is activated. The Barista Express is
housed in a sleek stainless steel casing, making it an attractive and timeless addition to any kitchen. The entire unit
is easy to clean and comes with a hideaway storage compartment for the included cleaning tools, in addition to an easily
removable drip tray.
BrevilleClick on image to view larger
* Integrated conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper: stainless steel conical burrs optimize extraction of
flavor from the bean by maximizing the surface area of the grinds. Use freshly ground beans for every shot for more full
espresso flavor. Hopper has locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer of coffee beans.
* Grind size and grind amount selector dials: choose among grind settings from fine to coarse and adjust the amount of
freshly ground espresso dosed into the filter basket.
* Filter size button: indicate whether you are using a single- or double-wall filter basket and the grinder will
dispense the required amount of ground coffee for the appropriate filter type.
* 54mm tamper: for expert tamping control. With magnetized storage, but removable for easy tamping.
* Hands-free grinding cradle: push portafilter into cradle and freshly ground espresso will be dispensed directly into
the filter. Grinder automatically stops when the indicated amount has been dispensed.
* 54mm stainless steel portafilter: with commercial style spouts.
* 67 fl. oz. removable water tank: top-fill tank with replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale.
* Volumetric control: preset 1 and 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride, or reprogrammable shot volumes.
* Espresso pressure gauge: monitors espresso extraction pressure.
* Thermocoil heating system: integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature.
* Clean me light: indicates when a cleaning cycle is required. Cleaning kit included.
* 360-degree swivel action steam wand: for effortless milk texturing.
* Auto purge function: automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
* Removable drip tray: partitioned for both wet and dry spills, with 'Empty me!' indicator for when it’s full.