Order now to get it by: Saturday February 04 - Monday February 06
Get it on Sunday January 29th with expedited shipping.
Select the expedited delivery option after adding this item to your cart.
Product ID: 717905
With its sleek, modern look and user-friendly control panel, this extra-large-capacity coffeemaker brews up to 14 cups
(5 ounces each) of fresh and flavorful coffee at a time. The fully automatic unit can be programmed up to 24 hours in
advance for "wake up" coffee or to have a pot ready and waiting to serve with dessert--no need to get up from the table
half way through dinner. For those eager to start their day, the machine's brew-pause function allows for pouring a
quick cup midbrew--simply remove the carafe to pause the flow of coffee and replace it to continue the brewing cycle.
Speaking of, the included glass carafe offers measuring marks up the side, an ergonomic stay-cool handle with a knuckle
guard and a strip of stainless-steel accenting, and a drip-free spout for graceful pouring. The coffeemaker also
provides an easy-view water-level window; a 1- to 4-cup setting; regular and bold flavor-strength settings; built-in
60-second memory in case the power goes out; an adjustable heater plate with high, medium, and low temperature settings;
a self-clean function; and 0- to 4-hour automatic shut-off for safety and peace of mind. A permanent Gold Tone filter
that eliminates messy paper filters, a charcoal water filter for improved flavor, and a handy instruction book come
included. The coffeemaker measures approximately 11 by 9-3/5 by 16-1/5 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart DCC-2600 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The Quest for a Perfect Cup of Coffee
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Water and Coffee FiltersWater & Coffee Filters Element 1. Water:
Coffee is 98% water. Often overlooked, the quality of the water is as important as the quality of the coffee. A good
rule of thumb is that if your water doesn’t taste good from the tap, it won’t taste any better in your coffee. That’s
why Cuisinart has added a water filter to the 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. The charcoal water filter removes
chlorine, bad tastes and odors, for the purest cup of coffee every time.
Element 2. Coffee:
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality
of coffee you receive at a coffee bar, you need to use the same quality beans. Buy the beans fresh and whole, only about
a two weeks’ supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly.
If it is not practical to buy small supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans into one to two week
portions immediately after purchase, and freeze them in airtight containers. The best way to maximize freshness is to
minimize exposure to air, light and moisture. So, once removed from the freezer, beans should be maintained in a sealed
container at room temperature, since damaging condensation occurs every time the beans are removed from the freezer or
refrigerator. Note that some coffee experts advise against freezing dark-roast beans, because freezing can cause the
oils to coagulate. Other experts disagree. We suggest you experiment and decide yourself.
The Perfect Cup of CoffeeThe Perfect Cup of Coffee Element 3. Grind:
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and
bitterness will result. Too fine a grind may also clog the filter. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass
through too quickly and the desired flavors will not be extracted. A medium-fine grind is recommended.
Element 4. Proportion:
Coffee that is too strong or too weak is always a disappointment. Add 1 level scoop of ground coffee per cup and adjust
the amount according to taste. Note: the maximum capacity for ground coffee is 17 tablespoons for the 12-cup
coffeemaker. Exceeding this amount may cause overflow if the coffee is too finely ground.
Features and Benefits
* Reservoir Cover: Flips back for easy filling.
* Water Reservoir with Water Level Indicator Window: Open the reservoir cover by lifting it up. Pour in the desired
amount of water using the water level indicator located at the side of the coffeemaker window.
* Showerhead: Distributes water evenly over coffee, reducing temperature loss as water passes through grounds.
* Charcoal Water Filter: Charcoal water filter eliminates chlorine, calcium and bad tastes or odors from tap water.
Cuisinart recommends changing the water filter every 60 days or 60 uses – or more often if you have hard water.
* Filter Basket: Holds a #4 paper filter or a permanent filter.
* Control Panel:
DCC-2600 ControlsLCD & Controls * On/Off Button, Clock display, Hour and Minute Buttons.
* Strength Selector: Regular and Bold buttons let you choose the intensity of coffee flavor you prefer.
* Carafe Temperature Knob: For controlling the temperature of the coffee after brewing. There are three temperature
settings high, medium and low.
* 1- to 4-Cup Setting: The 1- to 4-cup setting button is used when you make small amounts of coffee. Normal coffeemakers
will produce a colder batch of coffee when smaller amounts are made, because the heater doesn’t have enough time to
properly ‘warm up’ to heat a small amount. The 1- to 4-cup setting basically ‘double heats’ the water, making your
smaller amounts as piping hot as a full pot would be. To use simply press the 1- to 4-cup button on the control panel
after turning on the unit.
* Self-Clean Setting: Tells you when it’s time to clean your coffeemaker. Remove built-up calcification from the water
reservoir, to help extend the life of your coffeemaker.
* Function Knob: Includes Program, Auto On, Auto Off, Brew, Clock and Audible Tone: Coffeemaker can be programmable to
automatically start brewing up to 24 hours in advance and can be programmed to shut off up to 4 hours after brewing. The
Audible Tone signals the end of the brew cycle with five beeps (coffee will continue to stream from the filter for a few
seconds after the tone).
* Brew Pause: Stops flow of coffee from basket when carafe is removed (30 seconds max) from the heater plate, so a cup
can be poured in mid-brew. Since the flavor extraction rate varies during the brew cycle, we recommend allowing the
brewing cycle to finish before pouring the coffee. The coffee brewed at the beginning of the cycle has a flavor profile
which is very different from the flavor at the end of the cycle. Once the coffee has finished brewing, stir it before
serving to blend the flavors. The coffee at the bottom of the carafe will be somewhat stronger than the coffee at the
* Carafe: The easy pour, no drip 14-cup glass carafe has an ergonomic handle and brewed coffee markings for two to
* * Adjustable Heater Plate: Allows you to keep brewed coffee at desired temperature. Scratch resistant with black,
* Cord Storage
* Power Loss Backup System: One minute protection in case a breaker trips, the unit is unplugged, or the power fails. It
holds all programmed information, including time of day, auto on time and auto off time.
* Measuring Scoop