Blur the lines between entertainment and reality with breakthrough controls, including back and front multi-touch screens and dual analog sticks.
Take on your friends - or the whole world - anywhere, anytime with always-on 3G and Wi-Fi
Go wild in the world of Little Deviants - the addictive new game that makes full use of the PS Vita's unique features
Protect your investment with an exclusive PS Vita case
Blur the lines between entertainment and reality with the PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle. Become one of the
first to discover the new ways to play the biggest and best games. Take on your friends—or the whole world—anywhere,
anytime with always-on with the network connected by AT&T and Wi-Fi. For a limited time, get the PS Vita gaming system
plus a 4GB memory card, a limited edition case, and Little Deviants game.
The PlayStation Vita handheld in use with the hands of a user demonstrating the new LiveArea touch driven menu
systemHandheld gaming enters the Next-Gen.
Blur the Lines Between Entertainment and Reality.
PlayStation Vita is designed to blur the lines between interactive entertainment and reality in a variety of ways.
Reaching beyond the capabilities of every handheld gaming console that has come before it, in this model of Vita players
have access to a vast amount of content via improved Wi-Fi, allowing for maximum connectivity wherever you go. (An
additional Vita model allows for Wi-Fi and always-on 3G connectivity**) Its 5-inch OLED front multi-touch display brings
brilliant images to life and allows for a new touch driven navigational system, while the additional multi-touch pad on
its back surface will allow users to interact with games and characters that they encounter within them with a simple
movement of their fingertips. The real world and the game world are seamlessly merged with front and rear camera enabled
augmented reality. Additionally, services created specifically for Vita will be available on PlayStation Network. These
services are designed help users take their gameplay, as well as interaction with other gamers, to new levels.
Additional features include: dual analog stick controls, a 4 core CPU, system-specific flash card media support for
game and media saves, mobile PlayStation trophy support, built-in three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and GPs
Front angled view of the PlayStation Vita showing the large screen, the two analog sticks and the inward facing
cameraNew controls include dual analog sticks, three-axis gyroscope and accelerometer and 2 cameras.
Demonstration of how the rear touch panel of the PlayStation Vita worksSuperior design features, including touchpads at
the front and rear.
The PlayStation Vita showing insertion of new flash-based storage cardNew dedicated flash-based game medium, with one
slot for game content and a second for personal content.
A gameplay screen from an Uncharted game played on the PlayStation VitaThe best in content, from classic PS One games to
your favorite franchises and new ones going forward.
Vita-specific PlayStation Network Functionality
"Near" is a core PlayStation Vita feature composed of location-based services, that utilize PlayStation Network. Near,
developed specifically for this service and the network, will be pre-installed in the system to let users find out what
their friends in the vicinity are playing now or what they were playing recently. Users can meet their friends and new
players virtually, regardless of what games they are playing, simply by sharing their game information across different
dimensions of time and distance.
LiveArea and Activity Log
Every game title for PlayStation Vita will be provided with a space called "LiveArea" where users can share the fun
and excitement with other players. Users will have access to the latest information of games provided from SCE and third
party developers and publishers through PlayStation Network. Additionally, Vita users will be able to view "Activity
Log" which is constantly updated with accomplishments from users who are playing the same game, which in turn can
trigger active real-time communication among users.
The Best in New and Classic Content
In addition to containing the best in new handheld gaming hardware technology, Sony's PlayStation Vita provides users
with the best in quality content. All your favorite game franchises are coming to Vita, including but not limited to
Uncharted in Uncharted Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet, Hot Shots Golf, ModNation Racers, Wipeout and many more --
including all new game launches -- yet to be announced. Joining these new offerings, players will also have full
wireless access to the PlayStation Store. Here, via Vita's improved Wi-Fi capabilities owners can download new game
add-ons, movies, comics and PS One classics ported over for handheld play. PlayStation Vita also features full backwards
compatibility (via download) to all PSP games. Together this powerful merging of hardware and software is destined to
create entertainment experiences unlike anything else available in the handheld gaming market.
* Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
* Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
* Dual analog sticks
* Two digital cameras (front and rear)
* Software titles on small, Vita-specific flash memory-based cards
* Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
* Advanced and fast Wi-Fi connectivity
* Free PlayStation Network access, including trophy support and new Vita features "LiveArea" and "Near"
* Vita can play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store
* CPU - ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)
* GPU - SGX543MP4+
* External Dimensions - Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
* Touch Screen - 5-inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
* Rear Touch Pad - Multi-touch pad (capacitive type)
* Cameras - Front camera, rear camera
* Game Media/Storage - New Vita-specific dedicated flash-based game medium; dual slots, one for the new game medium, the
other is for storage media to be utilized for personal content and download content
* Sound * Built-in stereo speakers
* Built-in microphone
* Sensors - Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), three-axis electronic
* Location * Built-in GPs
* Wi-Fi location service support
* Keys / Switches * PS button
* Power button
* Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
* Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
* Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
* Right stick, Left stick
* START button, SELECT button
* Volume buttons (+/-)
* Wireless communications * IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
* Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
* Battery - Internal/embedded (not removable)
* Connectivity subject to Wi-Fi availability coverage limitations.
** 3G functionality and coverage requires purchase and activation of an additional AT&T data plan. Connectivity subject
to 3G coverage limitations.