The Shure Beta 58A is a high output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement
and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide.
Designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording Shure Beta 58A high-output
supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone is a great choice for vocalists and touring professionals. Maintaining a true
supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, the Beta 58A insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation
from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. It has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for
close-up vocals. And its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille make it great
for use on the stage.
The Shure Beta 58A vocal microphone.
* Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
* Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
* Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
* Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
* Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
* Minimally effected by varying load impedance
* Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
* Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV) *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
* Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing.
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
* Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille.
* Adjustable, Stand Adapter: Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard
5/8"-27 thread, black finish.
* Weight: 9.92 ounces