Get it by Saturday January 27th by choosing the expedited option during checkout.
Forks Over Knives The Cookbook Over 300 Recipes for Plant Based Eating All Through the Year
Imported from USA
Featured Recipe: Mushroom Stroganoff
Cookie Dough Ice Pops
Stroganoff originated in Russia as a beef dish served in a rich sour cream sauce. And though there are many versions of
the original recipe, I prefer this plant-based one, made with rich porcini mushrooms and lots of fresh herbs.
* 2 large shallots, peeled and minced
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 2 teaspoons minced thyme
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
* 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stemmed and cut into large pieces
* 1 ounce porcini mushrooms, soaked for 30 minutes in 1 cup of hot water that has just been boiled
* ½ cup dry white wine
* 1 pound whole-grain fettuccine, cooked according to package directions, drained, and kept warm
* 1 cup Tofu Sour Cream (recipe follows)
* Chopped parsley
Place the shallots in a large skillet and sauté over a medium heat for 8 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time
to keep them from sticking. Add the garlic and thyme, and cook for another minute. Stir in the salt and pepper,
rosemary, and the portobello mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the porcini mushrooms, and
their soaking liquid, and the wine. Stir, and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
When the stroganoff is finished cooking, stir in the sour cream. Add the cooked noodles and toss well. Serve garnished
with the parsley.
Tofu Sour Cream
Use this healthy dairy alternative in any dish that calls for sour cream. Serve it with baked potatoes and fresh
chives, with tacos or enchiladas, or with Mushroom Stroganoff.
Makes 1½ cups
* 1 package extra firm lite silken tofu, drained
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Chill until ready to serve.