Get it by Sunday October 29th by choosing the expedited option during checkout.
Used Book in Good Condition
Jessie's Choice Top-10 Julia Recipes
1. Gallantine. Illustrated step-by-step in my book. Get out the minced calf's udder and the pickled tongue!
Ambitious cooks will follow it with the recipe just below.
2. Chocolate log cake (bûche de Noël). An edible crafts project with the kids that calls for making meringue
mushrooms and marzipan leaves.
3. Bouillabaisse. Say "boo-ya-BESS". See the Marseille page in my book for the last word.
4. Baked Alaska. Oohs and aahs all around. Save time and construct it with store-bought cake and ice-cream but
coat it with home-made meringue. What to do with all the leftover egg yolks? Make....
5. Mayonnaise. Julia developed her own special technique and before publication in "Mastering the Art of French
Cooking", guarded her secret recipe with skills learned in the OSS.
6. Boeuf Bourguignon. Classic beef stew.
7. Calf's brains in brown butter sauce (cervelles au beurre noir). Does eating brains make one brainier? I'll not
be the guinea pig.
8. Rabbit stew (rabbit ragout). After the pet bunny has chewed through yet another electrical cord: a solution.
9. Plain French bread (pain Français). Hundreds of pounds of flour and thousands of hours of experimentation went
into perfecting this recipe. "How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?" asked Julia.
10. Crème brûlée. Rich custard dessert with crispy melted sugar crust. As Julia liked to say, "Every woman should
have a blow torch!"
A Look Inside Bon Appétit!
Bon Appetit Click here for a larger image
Julia Child's tree house Click here for a larger image
Julia Child's big feet Click here for a larger image