Physical Examination and Health Assessment
Imported from USA
With an easy-to-read approach and unmatched learning support, Physical Examination & Health Assessment, 6th Edition
offers a clear, logical, and holistic approach to physical exam across the lifespan. Detailed illustrations, summary
checklists, and new learning resources ensure that you learn all the skills you need to know. This gold standard in
physical exam reflects what is going on in nursing today with coverage of emerging trends and new evidence-based
content. It's easy to see why this text is, far and away, #1 in this market!
This item is a stand-alone text.
* A clear, conversational writing style makes learning easier.
* A two-column format distinguishes normal findings from abnormal findings, and uses color, step-by-step photos to
clarify examination techniques and expected findings.
* Over 1,000 full-color illustrations present anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings.
* Developmental considerations help in caring for patients across the lifespan with age-specific assessment techniques
for infants, children, adolescents, pregnant females, and older adults.
* Abnormal findings tables include over 300 pathology photos to help in recognizing, sorting, and describing
* Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle boxes enable patient teaching and health promotion while performing the health
* An emphasis on cultural competencies reflects today's care considerations for an increasingly diverse patient
* Documentation examples show how to record assessment findings in the patient's chart, using the SOAP format.
* Summary checklists provide a quick review of examination steps.
* Spanish-language translations on the inside back cover highlight important phrases for better communication during the
* A companion Evolve website helps you review key content offering case studies with critical thinking questions,
printable health promotion handouts, a head-to-toe examination video, heart and lung sounds, audio chapter summaries,
* NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective, qualitative exams.
* NEW Substance Use Assessment chapter addresses this increasingly critical aspect of holistic patient assessments.
* 100 new photos of step-by-step examination techniques include all-new exam panoramas for key systems.
* 100 new abnormal findings photos provide instant visual cues for findings that are unexpected or that require referral
for follow-up care.
* Expanded chapter on assessment of the hospitalized adult provides a focused assessment of the patient in the hospital
* New content on obesity provides current information on this growing health problem.