As with just about anything brandishing the Pokémon name, Pokémon Stadium is a must-have for any Pokémaniac. But this
title is especially geared towards owners of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, or Pokémon Yellow for the Game Boy. Using the
same battle system as the Game Boy games--think highly advanced rock-paper-scissors--Pokémon Stadium allows players to
enter their Pokémon in a variety of tournaments and other battle modes, all featuring vibrant 3-D graphics and
animation, as well as enhanced sounds and announcer commentary. Using the included Transfer Pak, players can use their
own Pokémon from Game Boy Game Paks, or they can choose from a pool of rental Pokémon.
Pokémon Stadium isn't all battles, though. The Kids Club mode features nine cutesy minigames that make for great
multiplayer fun for all ages. Gallery mode lets players take snapshots of Pokémon (similar to Pokémon Snap), which can
then be printed out as stickers at your local Pokémon Snap station.
While Pokémon Stadium doesn't require that you already have any Game Boy version of Pokémon, players won't be able to
access two of the best features of the game without one. Pokémon Lab allows players to view, store, and better
organize the data on their Game Paks, as well as trade Pokémon with another player (which requires an additional
Transfer Pak, sold separately). GB Tower allows gamers to play their Game Boy Pokémon cartridge on the Nintendo 64.
* Tried-and-true Pokémon battle system with enhanced graphics and sounds
* Allows you to play your Game Boy Pokémon game on the Nintendo 64
* Ability to manipulate data on your Game Boy Pokémon game
* Minigames make for great multiplayer fun for all ages
* Not likely to win over any Pokémon holdouts
* The Game Boy Pokémon games are a better starting point for newbies to the genre