MSR's Lightning Ascent snow shoes are built on the outdoor outfitter's advanced 360-degree Traction frames and Torsion2
crampons. Dual-component PosiLock AT bindings offer secure attachment, while aggressive steel cross members and
easily-engaged Ergo Televators back you up with every step. The shoes fit men's shoe sizes 4.5 to 15 and have an
eight-inch width, and come with the all-condition adaptability of MSR's Modular Flotation tails.
Two-piece, independently conforming PosiLock AT bindings create a comfortable, secure fit.
* Traction: 360-degreeTraction frames with edge-to-edge grip, and split teeth of Torsion2 crampons distribute forces and
offer continuous contact on any terrain, in any conditions
* Secure Attachment: Two-piece, independently conforming PosiLock AT bindings create secure, freeze-resistant
attachment, regardless of footwear
* All-condition Adaptability: Add-on Modular Flotation tails to allow the maneuverability of a smaller, primary snowshoe
with on-demand flotation of optional five-inch tails
* Uphill Efficiency: Ergo Televators reduce fatigue and increase traction on the steeps, with an ergonomic design that
engages with simple flick of a pole grip
* 22-inch length:
* Three-pound, 13-ounce weight
* 180-pound weight capacity
* 250-pound weight capacity with tails
* 25-inch length:
* Three-pound, 15-ounce weight
* 220-pound weight capacity
* 280-pound weight capacity with tails
* 30-inch length:
* Four-pound, seven-ounce weight
* 280-pound weight capacity
* 300-pound weight capacity with tails
MSR products are made in Seattle, Washington, and include a limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in
materials and workmanship.
MSR is part of a company named Cascade Designs, started by three friends and former Boeing engineers -- Jim Lea, Neil
Anderson, and John Burroughs -- who were laid off from the aeronautics giant in 1971. Outdoor enthusiasts looking for
the next great gear idea, they went on to design the world's first self-inflating mattress, the Therm-A-Rest. Today,
Cascade Designs remains a private, family-owned company that has grown to be one of the most respected outdoor
manufacturers in the world.