Get it by Saturday August 26th by choosing the expedited option during checkout.
Meg Meeker, M.D., acclaimed author of Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, now turns to an equally powerful relationship in
the family: the one between mother and son.
From the moment a mother holds her newborn son, his eyes tell her that she is his world. But often, as he grows up, the
boy who needs her simultaneously pushes her away. Calling upon thirty years of experience as a pediatrician, Meg Meeker,
M.D., a highly sought after national speaker, assistant professor of clinical medicine, and mother of four, shares the
secrets that every mother needs to know in order to strengthen—or rebuild—her relationship with her son.
Boys today face unique challenges and pressures, and the burden on mothers to guide their boys through them can feel
overwhelming. This empowering book offers a road map to help mothers find the strength and confidence to raise
extraordinary sons by providing encouragement, education, and practical advice about
• the need for mothers to exercise courage and be bolder and more confident about advising and directing their boys
• the crucial role mothers play in expressing love to sons in healthy ways so they learn to respect and appreciate
women as they grow up
• the importance of teaching sons about the values of hard work, community service, and a well-developed inner life
• the natural traps mothers of boys often fall into—and how to avoid them
• the need for a mother to heal her own wounds with the men in her life so she can raise her son without baggage and
• the best ways to survive the moments when the going gets tough and a mom’s natural ways of communicating—talking,
analyzing, exploring—only fuel the fire
When a mother holds her baby boy for the first time, she also instinctively knows something else: If she does her job
right and raises her son with self-esteem, support, and wisdom, he will become the man she knows he was meant to be.
Praise for Strong Mothers, Strong Sons
“Solid, practical advice for women on how to properly nurture their sons.”—Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Meg Meeker, M.D.
Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
“Dr. Meeker’s conclusions are timely, relevant, and often deeply moving. No one interested in what girls experience
growing up in our culture today—and the impact that parents, especially fathers, have on the experience—can afford to
miss reading this book.”—Armand M. Nicholi, Jr., M.D., professor of psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
“Reassuring and challenging . . . a helpful road map for concerned fathers [that] tackles difficult issues.”—National
Boys Should Be Boys
“If you want to raise a boy you’ll be proud of, read Boys Should Be Boys.”—Dave Ramsey, author of The Total Money
“Filled with inspirational vignettes, Boys Should Be Boys empowers parents to stay involved and protect their sons’
innocence. It’s a wonderfully written and eye-opening book—a must-read.”—Neil Bernstein, Ph.D., author of There When He
The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers
“Offers practical ways to help you let go of ‘mom guilt’ in order to become a happier, healthier woman.”—Parent & Child
“Just about any mom, or dad, can find useful wisdom in this book.”—Associated Press