Get it by Saturday September 30th by choosing the expedited option during checkout.
Your full-color guide to this wildly popular combat sport!
Mixed martial arts is sweeping the globe! In this practical guide, legendary MMA Champion Frank Shamrock shares his
expertise and love for the sport. He introduces you to his famous training and fighting system, explaining the virtues,
ethics, and techniques of MMA in clear detail while showing you how to develop a safe, effective training regimen.
* Begin with MMA basics — discover the history, the fighting styles, and modern rules and training techniques
* Prepare to start training — strengthen your body, focus your mind, learn the concepts of combat, and find a good
* Stand up for yourself — your introductory course in stand up fighting, from essential strikes and defense to inside
fighting with the clinch and takedowns
* Get ready to grapple — understand the essentials of ground fighting, including the guard position, submissions, and
* Become a well-rounded fighter — improve your nutrition, develop a warm-up routine, expand your mental training, and
get the rest you need
Open the book and find:
* Proven strategies to train your body and mind
* More than 150 step-by-step, full-color photos illustrating proper technique
* The 8 positions of power
* Necessary MMA training equipment
* The styles and strategies of MMA competition
* Fight-specific training drills and games
* Tips for increasing your speed and avoiding injury
* Advice from the expert on improving your ground game