Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Beijing is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and
what hidden discoveries await you. Explore a stretch of the Great Wall, immerse yourself in the history of the Forbidden
City, or watch the flag-raising ceremony at Tiananmen Square; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart
of Beijing and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Beijing Travel Guide:
* Full-colour maps and images throughout
* Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
* Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
* Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
* Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that
most guidebooks miss
* Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art,
literature, cinema, opera, music, architecture, and politics
* Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus over 33 colour neighbourhood maps
* Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar); With Kids, and Day Trips
* Coverage of Forbidden City, Drum Tower, Dongcheng, Sanlitun, Chaoyang, Xicheng, Haidian, Dashilar, Beihai Park,
Wudaokou, Xidan, Fengtai, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Beijing, our most comprehensive guide to Beijing, is perfect for those planning to
both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
* Looking for just the highlights of Beijing? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Beijing, a handy-sized guide focused on
the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
* Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's China guide for a comprehensive look at all the
country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Daniel McCrohan, and David Eimer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with
guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel
products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the
world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the
Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media